Monday, September 17, 2018

Stage Door Response

The Stage Door blog is a large archive of clips from all kinds of different broadway shows. One unique thing about this blog is that it is in Spanish. Thankfully Google Translate provides a translation, albeit not a perfect one. I enjoyed the analysis on Annie, as it gave some history to the creation of the musical. I never knew that Annie started as a comic strip!

Another thing I liked about this blog is that it has a highlighted actor for each year. One year was Hugh Jackman, and 2015's was Julie Andrews. I really love Julie Andrews' work, so I was pleasantly surprised to find some information on her career, along with a numbered list about why she is awesome.

I had a video for Annie too, but the link's gone and I can't remember the way I found it in the first place. But oh well. The Stage Door blog has all kinds of information about all kinds of musicals, and introduced me to a few I never even knew about. Although it seems like it's not being updated anymore... That's a bit sad, not knowing what happened to the blogger. But the wealth of musical history is still here on the Stage Door blog for anyone curious.

htpps://www.angel-stagedoor.blogspot.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=7lSHZ1uVyHw

No comments:

Post a Comment